- Increase maximum aperture by 11/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80)
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.64x wider.
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- When using with “passive” (without electronic control pin) MFT camcorders/cameras, such as BMCC 2.5K MFT and Digital Bolex D16 MFT, the Speed Booster must be powered by external power source via Micro-USB socket. Input Voltage is 5V DC. (Battery is NOT included in the box).
- When using with “active” (with electronic control pin) MFT camcordrs/cameras, such as BMPCC MFT, the Speed Booster can be powered by camera body. no external power source required.
- Build-in electonics to control lens aperture.
- The Lens aperture is set by the dial button on the adapter.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking material coating inside the inner hole to reduce the internal reflection.
Canon EF to BMCC mount T Speed BoosterTM adapters designed exclusively for the Blackmagic 2.5k Cinema Camera (BMCC). Note that the new Speed Boosters will only attach to Blackmagic cameras equipped with a Micro-4/3 mount. They cannot be attached to standard Micro 4/3 cameras.
The new 0.64x Speed Booster reduces the full-frame crop factor of the BMCC from 2.39x to 1.53x, thus effectively transforming it into a Super-35 format cine camera. In addition, the speed of any attached lens is increased by 11/3 stops, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80.
Here are a few examples:
|Master Lens||with Speed Booster
|35mm equivalent focal length
on BMPCC *
|Canon 85mm f/1.2||44.4mm f/0.90||106.1mm||extremely fast tele|
|Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8||11.52-22.4mm f/1.35||27.5-53.5mm||super fast and stunningly sharp zoom|
|Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6||5.1-10.2mm f/3.4-4.2||12.2-24.4mm||super wide zoom|
|Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8||7.0-10.2mm f/2.1||16.7-24.5mm||very fast and sharp wide-angle zoom|
|*) Based on diagonal field of view|
Table of compatibility and resulting crop factors:
BMCC 2.5K*, BMPCC and Digital Bolex* D16 MTF camcorders
Image stabilization (IS) lenses
Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L) on BMPCC
EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range) on BMPCC
Distance and zoom display on BMPCC (with active MFT mount) camcorder (see note 1). However, this feature is not for BMCC 2.5K.
Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 2)
Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
Focus confirmation “chip” (e.g. Dandelion)
M42 screw mount adapters (see note 5)
Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 6 and list of lenses which require modification below.)
Lens: Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC
- Requires lenses supporting distance information.
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
- This Speed Booster is designed to cover an BMCC image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor.
- For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.8), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won’t show f/0.7 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/0.74.
b) Sigma 18-35/1.8 attached, camera display = f/1.0, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.0.
- Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
- Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed BoosterTM They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed BoosterTM Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed BoosterTM are not covered by warranty.
- This Speed Booster may NOT be fully compatible with GH4 or other MFT camera. This is use only with BMCC or BMPCC. When Speed Booster® is used with other MFT camera, it may cause damage on the camera.
List of lenses (have been tested by metabones) with support on EF-BMCC Speed Booster. (Lenses which have been tested with EF-E Speed Booster may refer to EF-E Speed Booster product page.)
Canon EF zooms
Canon EF primes
Canon 85mm 1.2
Canon 100mm 2.8
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Speed Booster
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed BoosterTM They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed BoosterTM Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.