For both still images and movies, the Canon EOS 7D MkII is a camera for capturing high speed action. With its winning combination of super-fast frame rate, 65-point AF and ISO sensitivity up to ISO 51,200 you will be the first on the scene to get the best images. Responsive handling and a generous buffer means that you can keep shooting and not be hampered by camera limitations.
- 10fps to capture the fleeting moments other photographers miss
- Keep fast-moving objects pin sharp while shooting using the 65 cross type AF
- Produce gallery-quality images that are packed with detail, tone and colour
- Capture your time-lapse images with the newly built-in intervalometer
- Extend your creativity beyond stills photography, with cinematic Full HD movies
- When light levels drop, image quality stays high with upto 51200 ISO
- Customisable controls and Intelligent Viewfinder II to match your way of working
- Geotag each image with built-in GPS
- In-camera creative features allow new forms of photographic expression
- Continuous, customisable focusing when shooting movies with Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Enjoy full manual control over movies and audio with mic and headphone sockets.
10fps Continuous Shooting
The EOS 7D Mark 2 uses a Dual Digic 6 image processor for lightning fast response time that allows shooting up to 10 RAW, JPEG or mixed frames per second at full 20.2 megapixel resolution so you can be far more sure of getting that perfect frame within an action sequence, and with minimal lag.
The EOS 7D Mark 2 has 65 available focus points for comprehensive frame coverage when focusing. These points are the cross-type meaning that they detect both horizontal and vertical detail information. The camera uses iTR AF technology from the EOS-1 series for focus tracking of moving objects around the frame, keeping your image absolutely sharp. This feature can also be customised for different shooting scenarios for example to ensure fleeting objects passing across the frame do not interfere with settings. The focus points are so sensitive that focusing is even possible under moonlight.
252 Zone Metering
The sophisticated metering system uses a 150,000 pixel sensor to divide the scene into 252 areas. It is very reliable and cannot be easily confused, For example there is infra-red detection and flicker detection which delivers better consistency from frame to frame under variable lighting conditions such as florescent lighting.
The high resolution image sensor gives exhibition quality images and quality HD movies with low noise
Customisable and GPS equipped
Preferences for controls, focusing and viewfinder information can be saved and kept as custom settings so you can operate your camera exactly as you want it. The built-in GPS receiver will also geotag each image with exact location and compass orientation so you can easily retrace your steps.
The 7D Mk2 includes several multiple exposure modes including HDR mode for making the most of shadow and highlight detail, as well as having a creative multiple exposure mode. An interval timer also makes recording time lapse movies easy.
Full HD Movies with Manual Control
Shoot in Full HD with full control over exposure and sound level if desired so you can realise your creative movie ideas. Focusing for movies uses Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology which uses independent information from each pixel’s two photodiodes to give extra precision. Additional movie features include 60fps “slow motion” mode, external mic socket and headphone socket.
The EOS 7D MkII uses a tough magnesuium alloy body with weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture, so it is made to stand up to everyday bumps and downpours.