The ALX S4 KIT from Libec is a kit which comprises a Libec ALX T tripod, an ALX H fluid head, and an ALX S4 slider. The ALX T is a 75mm aluminum bowl tripod with three leg sections and a mid-level spreader that increases stability. The ALX H is a dual-base fluid head that allows you to pan and tilt your camera, supporting payloads up to 9 lb. The ALX S4 is a 12″ slider that allows your camera to have a smooth & wobble-free sliding motion; it can be attached to the tripod in a slanted position at various angles to capture diagonally-moving shots. All components are modular, allowing you to create multi-style configurations by combining them with other Libec products. Two padded carrying cases are included, one for the tripod system and one for the slider.
Compatible with both flat and ball-base hardware, the Libec ALX H Fluid Head is a versatile tripod head for video production. The ALX H base features a standard 75mm ball-base with a flattened area containing a standard 3/8″-16 threaded hole for mounting to standard flat-mount hardware found on compact sliders and other grip equipment. The pan and tilt fluid-drag mechanisms are fixed-strength, as is the counterbalance. The head’s construction allows for a wide +90° (down)/-80° (up) tilt range. Each axis can be locked down for extra stability during stationary shots. Both sides of the tripod head feature rosettes for attaching the included pan handle on the desired side. The camera connects to the included sliding snap-in plate, which by default holds a 1/4″-20 screw and a guiding pin. A 3/8″-16 screw is included and can be stowed underneath the camera plate when not in use.
- Dual-base head with a 75mm ball base and flat base
- Tilt lock
- Includes quick release camera plate and dual-side rosette mount pan handle
- Rosette adapters on both sides
- Fixed counterbalance and drag
- Illuminated bubble level
The ALX T from Libec is a 75mm aluminum bowl tripod with three leg sections and a mid-level spreader that increases its stability. The spreader telescopes out to full width. The legs have rubber foot pads on the ends and integrated metal-spiked feet within the pads, which is beneficial on soft surfaces such as grass. The tripod has a minimum height of 23.5″ and reaches a maximum height of 59″. The leg stages and spreader are tightened into position using twist knobs. The ALX T features a 75mm bowl base and is 5.5 lb. When used with other Libec products, you can create multi-style configurations suited to a variety of shooting environments.
- Three-section aluminum tripod with telescoping mid-level spreader
- Rubber foot pads and integrated spiked feet
- Height can be adjusted from 23.5″ to 59″
- Tightens into position with leg lock knobs
- 75mm bowl base
The Libec ALX S4 is a 15.5″ long camera slider that features an integrated 75mm ball base with a flat bottom, allowing it to be mounted directly to 75mm bowl fluid heads as well as flat-base heads. When used on tabletop or flat surface using, the slider has a maximum load capacity of 33 lb. For smooth and wobble-free operation, the carriage features eight roller bearings positioned on the rail top and along the sides at angles. A spring-loaded friction knob allows you to adjust slide tension, while a brake knob will lock the carriage in place at any point on the rails. Using a supplied hexagon wrench, you can adjust the pushing force that the ball bearing exerts on the rail.
At each end of the slider, there are 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 threads and a rosette for attaching various accessories. If you will be using the slider on the ground or tabletop, the slider features built-in legs with height-adjustable feet to accommodate non-level terrain. For compact storage, the legs fold up against the side of the slider, securing in place using thumb knobs. Unscrewing the knobs completely allows you to detach the legs completely and swap out the 15.5″ rail for separately available 32.6″ or 47″ rail lengths.
- Key Features
- 12″ slide range with a 33 lb payload
- 33 lb load capacity when used on a tabletop or flat surface
- Dual-base tripod mount adapter and bowl clamp for mounting on a tripod with a flat-base or 75mm ball head
- Eight high-performance ball bearings on the top and sides allow for smooth, wobble-free motion
- Tension/friction knob, brake knob, and bubble level
- 15.5″ rail can be swapped for optional 32.6″ or 47″ rail lengths
- Collapsible tabletop legs for easy setup and storage
- Height-adjustable feet
- Includes padded carrying case with fixing handle and maintenance kit