Litepanels 3X Overview
Ready for the road, the Astra 3X Traveler Bi-Color Trio 3-Light Kit with V-Mount Battery Brackets from Litepanels is built around a light source with a high CRI, surface mount LEDs, and color temperature that’s variable from tungsten to daylight balance. The kit includes 3 Astra 3X fixtures, each with an 8.5′ light stand and a V-Mount bracket for optional battery use. A hard, wheeled Pelican case is included for storage and transport.
Litepanels continues to expand and enhance their formidable LED line with the introduction of the Astra 3X Bi-Color LED Panel that is 3x the brightness of the original Bi-Color 1×1. As in previous versions of the 1×1 form factor, the Astra has variable tungsten to daylight color temperature with negligible color shift, 0-100% dimming and a universal (100-240 VAC) adapter. You can also run on 13-24 VDC batteries with separate purchase of a V-Mount or Gold Mount battery plate.
The technological advancement and enhancement is evident in the high CRI and significantly increased brightness due to the use of tightly-binned LEDs and fine-tuned TIR (Total Internal Reflection) optics, resulting in a longer throw over a wider field. Another feature is the Astra’s passive cooling system. This dead silent feature is especially valuable in sound sensitive situations. You can control the Astra’s functions locally or remotely with separate purchase of a DMX module. The Astra 3X Bi-Color comes with both US and EU power cables and a removable 5/8″ TVMP connecter for hanging or stand mounting. Two 1/4″-20 female taps offer alternate mounting points.
- High Output
- High performance LEDs with custom paired optics
- Higher intensity equals longer throw with wider effective beam spread
- Superior Color Reproduction
- High color rendition (CRI)
- Efficient Thermal Management
- Completely silent passive cooling
- Smooth Dimming from 0-100%
- No noticeable color shift throughout the entire range
- Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
- Flexible, Modular Concept
- Optional communications module allows the brightness, color temperature, and cooling mode to be controlled via DMX512 protocol (additional module options under development)
- Optional yoke mounted Gold Mount or V-Mount battery plates
- External power supply
- Modern Fixture Design
- Easily identifiable and ergonomic manual controls for dimming, color, and power status
- Aluminum I-beam core construction to provide maximum durability and superior thermal management
- Aluminum accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
- End cap exhaust vents angle downward to direct air flow away from the fixture and help prevent foreign material from entering
- Durable, industry standard 3-pin XLR locking power connector
- Custom Curved Yoke Design
- Wide, unobstructed tilt range
- Yoke mounted power supply and optional battery plates with dual integrated cable guides
- Removable TVMP connector for flexible mounting options
- Two alternate 1/4″-20 mounting points
Kit Light Stand (8.5′)
This 8.5′ Kit Light Stand from Litepanels is an aluminum 4-section support with a maximum height of 8.5′ and a minimum height of 2.4′.
V-Mount Battery Bracket for Astra 1×1 LED Panel
This Litepanels V-Mount Battery Bracket allows users to run their Astra 1×1 Bi-Color LED Panel with V-mount batteries. This bracket also includes a P-Tap to 3-pin XLR cable.
Trio Travel Case with Cut Foam for 3 Astra Lights (Black)
The Trio Travel Case with Cut Foam from Litepanels is a Pelican iM3075 Storm Trak Case in black, that holds 3 Astra Lights. An injection-molded case made of HPX high performance resin, it is virtually unbreakable, dent-resistant and shatter-resistant. It is tough, rugged, lightweight, airtight and watertight. There is a permanently attached Vortex valve that automatically adjusts air pressure without letting in water, and won’t unscrew from the case. Press & Pull latches open with the push of a button, yet stay closed securely under impact or stress. The case has unbreakable molded-in hasps that allow the addition of standard size padlocks. Hinges with integrated feet will hold fast under impact, and create a flat surface for upright stability. Three double-layered, soft-grip, solid-core handles, plus a lightweight and retractable telescoping handle, as well as rugged in-line wheels make it easy to transport.
This case has a multilayer cubed foam bottom and a convoluted foam pad in the lid.
- Injection-molded case made of HPX high performance resin is virtually unbreakable, dent-resistant and shatter-resistant
- Tough, rugged and lightweight
- Airtight and watertight
- Multilayer cubed foam bottom and a convoluted foam pad in the lid
- Permanently attached Vortex valve automatically adjusts air pressure without letting in water, and won’t unscrew from the case
- Press & Pull latches open with the push of a button, yet stay closed securely under impact or stress
- Two unbreakable molded-in hasps allow the addition of standard size padlocks, offering another measure of security
- Hinges with integrated feet hold fast under impact and create a flat surface for upright stability
- Molded-in stacking ribs provide no-slip stability for multiple case-stacking during storage or transport
- Carrying options
- Three double-layered, soft-grip, solid-core carrying handles provides strong, durable comfort
- Lightweight, retractable, telescoping handle locks in place
- Rugged in-line wheels have shielded ball bearings, are composed of a nylon core encased in a polyurethane tread, and are mounted on a solid axle for improved stability and ease of transport
- Meets ATA 300 category 1 standards for transit cases
- Meets FED-STD-101C requirements for drops and vibration (loose cargo)
- Exceeds the specifications listed in MIL-STD-648C for vibration (sweep)
- Meets MIL-STD-810F for immersion and simulated rainfall