Litepanels 6X Overview
Ready for the road, the Astra 6X Traveler Bi-Color Trio 3-Light Kit with Gold Mount Battery Bracketsfrom Litepanels is built around a light source with a high CRI, surface mount LEDs, and color temperature that’s variable from tungsten to daylight balance. The kit includes 3 Astra 6X fixtures, each with an 8.5′ light stand and a Gold Mount bracket for optional battery use. A hard, wheeled Pelican case is included for storage and transport.
Astra 6X Bi-Color LED Panel
Litepanels continues to expand and enhance their formidable LED line with the introduction of the Astra 6X Bi-Color LED Panel that is 6x the brightness of the original Bi-Color 1×1. As in previous versions of the 1×1 form factor, the Astra has variable tungsten to daylight color temperature with negligible color shift, 0-100% dimming and a universal (100-240 VAC) adapter. You can also run on 13-24 VDC batteries with separate purchase of a V-Mount or Gold Mount battery plate.
The technological advancement and enhancement is evident in the high CRI and significantly increased brightness due to the use of tightly-binned LEDs and fine-tuned TIR (Total Internal Reflection) optics, resulting in a longer throw over a wider field. Another addition is the Astra Bi-Color’s Dual Cooling. Choose the fan/convection mode or run silent with the field-replaceable fan off. You can control the Astra’s functions locally or remotely with separate purchase of a DMX module. The Astra 6X Bi-Color comes with both US and EU power cables and a removable 5/8″ TVMP connecter for hanging or stand mounting. Two 1/4″-20 female taps offer alternate mounting points.
- High Output
- High performance LEDs with custom paired optics
- Higher intensity equals longer throw with wider effective beam spread
- Superior Color Reproduction
- High color rendition (CRI)
- Efficient Thermal Management
- Ultra-quiet active cooling mode
- Smooth Dimming from 0-100%
- No noticeable color shift throughout the entire range
- Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
- Flexible, Modular Concept
- Optional communications module allows the brightness, color temperature, and cooling mode to be controlled via DMX512 protocol (additional module options under development)
- Optional yoke mounted Gold Mount or V-Mount battery plates
- External power supply
- Field-replaceable fan module
- Modern Fixture Design
- Easily identifiable and ergonomic manual controls for dimming, color, and power status
- Aluminum I-beam core construction to provide maximum durability and superior thermal management
- Aluminum accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
- End cap exhaust vents angle downward to direct air flow away from the fixture and help prevent foreign material from entering
- Durable, industry standard 3-pin XLR locking power connector
- Custom Curved Yoke Design
- Wide, unobstructed tilt range
- Yoke mounted power supply and optional battery plates with dual integrated cable guides
- Removable TVMP connector for flexible mounting options
- Two alternate 1/4″-20 mounting points
This 8.5′ Kit Light Stand from Litepanels is an aluminum 4-section support with a maximum height of 8.5′ and a minimum height of 2.4′.
Anton Bauer Gold-Mount Battery Bracket for Astra 1×1 LED Panel
This Litepanels Anton Bauer Gold-Mount Battery Bracket allows users to run their Astra 1×1 Bi-Color LED Panel with Anton Bauer Gold-mount batteries. This bracket also includes a P-Tap to 3-pin XLR cable.
Trio Travel Case with Cut Foam for 3 Astra Lights (Black)
The Trio Travel Case with Cut Foam from Litepanels is a Pelican iM3075 Storm Trak Case in black, that holds 3 Astra Lights. An injection-molded case made of HPX high performance resin, it is virtually unbreakable, dent-resistant and shatter-resistant. It is tough, rugged, lightweight, airtight and watertight. There is a permanently attached Vortex valve that automatically adjusts air pressure without letting in water, and won’t unscrew from the case. Press & Pull latches open with the push of a button, yet stay closed securely under impact or stress. The case has unbreakable molded-in hasps that allow the addition of standard size padlocks. Hinges with integrated feet will hold fast under impact, and create a flat surface for upright stability. Three double-layered, soft-grip, solid-core handles, plus a lightweight and retractable telescoping handle, as well as rugged in-line wheels make it easy to transport.
This case has a multilayer cubed foam bottom and a convoluted foam pad in the lid.
- Injection-molded case made of HPX high performance resin is virtually unbreakable, dent-resistant and shatter-resistant
- Tough, rugged and lightweight
- Airtight and watertight
- Multilayer cubed foam bottom and a convoluted foam pad in the lid
- Permanently attached Vortex valve automatically adjusts air pressure without letting in water, and won’t unscrew from the case
- Press & Pull latches open with the push of a button, yet stay closed securely under impact or stress
- Two unbreakable molded-in hasps allow the addition of standard size padlocks, offering another measure of security
- Hinges with integrated feet hold fast under impact and create a flat surface for upright stability
- Molded-in stacking ribs provide no-slip stability for multiple case-stacking during storage or transport
- Carrying options
- Three double-layered, soft-grip, solid-core carrying handles provides strong, durable comfort
- Lightweight, retractable, telescoping handle locks in place
- Rugged in-line wheels have shielded ball bearings, are composed of a nylon core encased in a polyurethane tread, and are mounted on a solid axle for improved stability and ease of transport
- Meets ATA 300 category 1 standards for transit cases
- Meets FED-STD-101C requirements for drops and vibration (loose cargo)
- Exceeds the specifications listed in MIL-STD-648C for vibration (sweep)
- Meets MIL-STD-810F for immersion and simulated rainfall