The AJ-PX5100 2/3 type B4 lens mount shoulder camera recorder combines superb image production and exchangeable lenses with a light built. The AJ-PX5000G’s three 2.2M pixel MOS sensors deliver a horizontal resolution of 1000 TV lines and sensitivity of F13 at 50i and a signal to noise ratio of 62dB.
The camcorder features HDR (HLG) support, dual codec recording with AVC-proxy and can record in AVC-Intra200/100/5 and AVC-LongG25/50. It includes two slots for P2 cards and 2 slots for microP2 cards. The unit is 50Hz- and 59.94Hz-switchable for global usage.
Incorporating the real-time messenger protocol (RTMP) function, the PX5100 camcorder can be used for interviews in news reporting, producing documentaries and other special feature stories. With its breadth of recording options, exceptional image quality, and expandability the AJ-PX5100 is also targeted at high-end corporate and sports production, as well as the rental market.
HIGH SENSITIVITY, LOW NOISE 2/3 TYPE 3MOS IMAGE SENSORS
The 2.2 megapixel 2/3 type 3MOS (RGB) image sensors offer fullpixel HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, F12 (59.94 Hz) or F13 (50 Hz) sensitivity, and low noise with an S/N of 62 dB (with DNR ON). It also achieves rich gradation and vibrant colour reproduction.
HDR COMPLIANT (HLG “HYBRID LOG-GAMMA”)
In addition to being equipped with HLG* images, the following functions assist HLG image acquisition.
- SDR Monitoring Gamma: Gamma curves for monitoring HLG images with the SDR viewfinder or other SDR monitor. These gamma curves possess characteristics for expressing the gradation in high-brightness area while maintaining the contrast of ordinary-brightness area.
- HDR/SDR Simultaneous Output: Dual SDI can output both HDR (HLG) and SDR (monitoring gamma) simultaneously.
- One-Push HLG Selector for Viewfinder: While the viewfinder display with monitoring gamma ordinary, the gradation of highbrightness area can be checked by selecting HLG temporarily.
- High-Brightness Zebra Display:
The zebra pattern can be displayed in white-out areas of the viewfinder image.
* BT.709 colour gamut (BT.2020 is not supported)
FHD IMAGE ACQUISITION BY HIGH-QUALITY AVC-ULTRA CODECS
The AVC-ULTRA codecs feature high-quality, high-efficiency H.264 based video compression. The main recording can be selected from high-quality AVC-Intra200 for mastering applications, AVC-Intra100 with FHD/60p/50p support, AVC-Intra50, or AVC-LongG (50/25/12) for FHD10-bit 4:2:2 with affordable bit rate. While offering a low bit rate suitable for previewing, sub recording AVC-Proxy (proxy data) provides an FHD resolution mode that can be used as is for breaking news and similar applications. The conventional DVCPRO codec is also supported.
HD/SD MULTI-IMAGE FORMAT
Images can be acquired by the 1080/60p/50p/60i/50i/30p/24p/25p, 720/60p/50p/30p/24p/25p HD format and SD (480/60i, 576/50i) format.
Overseas use is also supported by 59.94Hz/50Hz selection.
* 60i, 60p, 24p, and 30p are actually recorded at 59.94 Hz, 23.98 Hz, and 29.97 Hz respectively. 24p, 25p, and 30p are all available with native mode recording.
RELIABLE RECORDING MEDIA: P2 CARD/MICROP2 CARD
The P2 card, which was designed for broadcast use, features a rugged case and highly reliable connector. The microP2 card features high reliability and a large capacity together with a reduced size and cost. In an emergency, an SD memory card can also be used.
ADVANCED NETWORK FUNCTIONS SUPPORT STREAMING AND P2 CAST
EASY-TO-USE SINGLE DONGLE, FLEXIBLE NETWORK CONNECTION
Proxy preview, camera remote, and playlist editing can all be done on a PC, Mac, or tablet connected to wireless LAN. When connected to the internet, files can be transferred and live streaming can be done. Nimble operation is possible using the Wireless Module (optional: AJ-WM50/AJ-WM30) or single dongle of the 4G/LTE dongle. Wired LAN connection and LiveU/TVU bonding services are also supported. The connection method is selected to match the usage environment.
RTMP/RTSP COMPATIBLE FULL-HD STREAMING
Full-HD streaming is possible while images are being acquired. Both RTSP and RTMP streaming methods are compatible. And Facebook, YouTube, and other streaming services are supported. A unique QoS (Quality of Service) mode
optimizes the bit rate according to the network conditions for stable streaming distribution. High performance is also achieved by linking to P2SS (streaming server).
* For details, see page 6, “Streaming Mode” and “Streaming Output;” of Spec Sheet, “Notes Regarding Network Functions.”
* It may not be possible to deliver streaming from the unit when services such as Facebook or YouTube stopped or discontinued operation for some reason.
*1: P2 Streaming Receiver software (Windows only, not supported by Mac; available free of charge) is required for receiving the QoS mode. Please visit Panasonic website.
*2: A server with the Streaming Receiver Server Kit (Optional: AJ-SRK001G) installed.