PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS WITH YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
4.a The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order where physically possible. 4.b Orders placed before 12.30pm on a working day will be processed that day and will be delivered ( if all the items are in stock) as per the requested delivery option provided no additional security checks are required and all stock items are available. (A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.) 4.c If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under the Supplier’s control the suppliers courier service normally leave a note of attempted delivery however if the customer does not receive the delivery from the supplier within 24hours of placing the order then it is advised that the customer contact the supplier to enquire about same. 4.d If you deliberately fail to take delivery of the goods (otherwise than by reason of circumstances under control of the Supplier) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Supplier, the Supplier may: 4.d.a Store the goods until actual delivery and charge you for reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage or 4.d.b sell the goods at the best readily obtainable price and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to you for any excess over the price you agreed to pay for the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price you agreed to pay for the goods. 4.e All orders placed on this website are deemed to be business-to-business and as such not covered by consumer distance selling laws. There is no automatic 30 day cooling off period and any item ordered can only be returned for credit by prior agreement with the supplier. 4.f Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible. 4.g Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as “UNCHECKED”. Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
Please make sure you fully understand the return requirements above, if conditions are not met, we reserve the right to refuse the return of items or to charge a re-stocking fee of 25%.
- Information you give us.
- Information we collect about you.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- Information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information to contact you and manage your account with us, as well as marketing communication if you have opted to receive this.
- Information we receive from other sources such as product suppliers or manufacturers. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you, including without limitation any data processor we engage.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed; d) accurate and where necessary kept up to date; e) kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We operate a data retention policy that ensures we meet this obligation. We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter where there is a legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so. For details of our current retention policy contact our privacy officer Here f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- a) implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of internal HR policies.
- b) maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
- c) implementing measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default including data minimisation, pseudonymisation, transparency, deploying the most up-to-date data security protocols and using data protection impact assessments across our organisation and in any third party arrangements.
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data. This Privacy Statement explains who we are; the purposes for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the Ireland.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
- The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
- The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
All contents in this web site including text, images, designs, graphics, logos is the property of the Supplier and is protected by Irish and International copyright laws. You may not use, copy and/or extract any part or parts of this web site for your own use without the express written consent of the Supplier
These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to Irish law and the Irish courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract, save that consumers resident in Northern Ireland shall have the right to insist upon these terms being construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and to submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
We use 100% secure 128 bit encrypted SSL secure server and 1234connect secure servers collect all credit card/debit card information. We do not keep a record of your card details and we have never come across even one case of credit card fraud using our shopping system.
Currency: all prices are displayed in EURO and STERLING. The base currency used is EURO and the total amount of the sale will be charged in EURO at the listed price.
The sterling amount is for illustrative purpose only so if you are paying with a sterling credit or debit card the amount debited to your card will be in EURO as listed and converted by your card company to sterling at whatever their rate is on the day.
WEEE Producer Registration Number: 01728WB
D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. is committed to meeting the requirements of the European Union (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations 2014. These Regulations require producers of electrical and electronic equipment to finance the takeback, for reuse or recycling, of WEEE resulting from products that we placed on the Irish market. In line with that commitment D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. will take back WEEE from you.For product that we placed on the market after August 13th, 2005 you do not need to make a new purchase from us to avail of the offer. However, for product that was placed on the market before August 13th, 2005 we are only obliged take it back when you make a purchase from us of a similar type of product.
If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling. We can take away your old appliance on delivery as long as it’s disconnected or you can bring it into any of our stores. We DO NOT charge for this service.
Please ensure that all personal data held on old appliances is removed before being sent for recycling.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. There is a bin for small batteries in our store.
It’s very simple. At www.camerakit.ie, when you place an order, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access.
We guarantee that we will never:
– Pass on your financial details.
– Pass on any personal information gathered when you place an order. Sell or rent your details. Exploit your details in any way.
d +p do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
If you need to return any item, you will need to get a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number from us. We will only accept returns packaged properly and clearly labelled with a valid RMA number on the outside of the packaging. RMA numbers relate to specific products so please do not send other items not covered by the RMA Any returned packages received over 14 days after the RMA issued date or not clearly showing the RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused.
You should inspect all goods for damage on receipt of same. If the package looks as if it has been damaged or tampered with please refuse the delivery and mark the courier’s sheet accordingly. Contact us immediately to report the damage on 00 3531 4924374 or by email. We cannot be held responsible for damages reported after 24 hours of receipt. We will replace all damaged goods reported within 24 hours at no extra cost to you immediately.
Most problems with blank discs are usually due to hardware compatibility/firmware updates/disc speed variance and format compatibility and not the actual discs. Please be aware of these potential incompatibility problems when purchasing media. It can be prudent to try out different types to find the most suitable for your drive. If you encounter any problems with blank Cdr or DVD discs that we have sold you please stop using the discs immediately and contact us. If you continue to use the discs and have more failures, we are not liable for the burnt ones. If you return unused discs for credit, we will credit you in full if the discs are returned within 30 days of purchase and they are in original condition: i.e. no fingerprints, scratches or dirt. If discs are returned in a condition, which renders them, unsaleable they will be returned to you. All returned discs must be securely packed and in original condition.
We recommend that you insure the returned goods and use a courier that provides proof of delivery- we will not be liable for items lost in transit to us.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
Reaching Us If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, or alternatively:
Phone: 00 353 1 4924374
Fax: 00 353 1 4924372
Write: D+P Multimedia Products Ltd Unit 1 Terenure Business Park Terenure Village Dublin 6W D6W FY00