The Vision 100 Fluid Head (100mm Ball Base) (Black); Designed and engineered to new advanced levels, it is the perfect head for today’s latest digital camera configurations and one-piece camcorders. Incorporating a drag mechanism employing non-contacting thin film technology, which ensures consistent drag and constant performance over a temperature range from -40°F to +140°F.
The Vision 100 gives precise movement and excellent camera control during the critical slow start up of your shot, with a seamless transition into whip pan and instant recovery to the original drag setting at the finish of movement. Calibrated with variable adjustment and a single turn rotation from fully on to off, the drag knobs are backlit for easy viewing and detented to give a “dial-in feel” and to ensure settings are always maintained. Offers perfect balance throughout its payload range and allow heads to tilt through the full range of ±90°, without being anxious that the tripod will tumble.
For smooth movement and total control – imperative to provide those perfect shots first time….
- Perfect Balance
- The Vision 100 pan & tilt head achieves the Perfect Counter Balance by means of an innovative and patented infinitely-variable spring mechanism. This allows the head to tilt through the full range of ±90° in perfect balance, eliminating a considerable amount of physical effort required by the operator to control the tilting action. Since the camera is perfectly balanced, it can be left at any angle – totally hands free – without having to lock the tilt brake. The variable counterbalance mechanism allows it to be used with a variety of lenses, batteries, viewfinders and on-camera lights.For even faster setup, the Vision 100 offers a digital counterbalance readout, with repeatable balance setting. The display is activated by a simple press of a button and remains visible for 15 seconds.
- TF (Thin Film) Drag Control
- The Vision 100 uses the Vinten TF (Thin Film) damping system, to provide consistent drag and constant performance in demanding conditions from -40°F to +140°F. The TF system offers total control, for precise movement and excellent camera control during the critical slow start-up of your shot. Providing seamless transition into Whip Pan and instant recovery to the original drag setting at the finish of the movement.
Calibrated with variable adjustment and a single turn rotation from fully On to Off, the drag knobs are backlit and are adjusted accordingly (depending on the lighting conditions) by a light sensor built into the digital readout. For easy viewing and detented to give a “dial-in feel”, ensuring that settings are always maintained.
- Quick Setup
- Unique design features allow fast setup – a must if you are continuously on the move. The leveling bowl has a double threaded screw shank, which allows the bowl lock to be tightened and released quickly. Very handy when you are constantly adjusting the bowl to level the camera (especially on uneven terrain).
- Tough die-cast body ensures robustness, while quality design and construction provide a lifetime of precision.
- Adjustable camera mounting plate with unique rubber grip strips holds the camera rock steady.
- Built-in illuminated bubble for horizontal leveling, ensuring easy leveling even under unfavorable lighting conditions.
- Load capacity of: 44.1 lb