- Professional-level features such as ultralow-noise circuitry, a smooth off-axis response, and a tightly controlled low end make it ideal for a range of location recording scenarios. Plus, it includes a furry windshield and a pistol grip shockmount that can be attached to a boompole for increased versatility.
- The NTG5’s extremely high sensitivity allows it to produce robust output levels without having to apply extreme gain at your mic preamp. Sonically, the NTG5 delivers acoustic transparency due to its pioneering circular acoustic ports, gentle rise in high frequencies, and rumble-reducing attenuation of low bass frequencies. Its switch- and dial-free design lets you set up quickly and focus on the sound instead of fiddling with various mic settings. RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure reliable performance even in severe conditions.
Rode NTG-5 Kit
€465.00 ex vat.
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications.
SKU: ROD-NTG5 Categories: Audio, Wired Mics & Accs Tags: ntg5 kit, rode
When your work takes you outdoors, you’re bound to encounter humidity and condensation, which can cause many mics to fail. The NTG5’s RF-bias technology and conformal coating provide excellent resistance to moisture, cold, and dust, allowing you to reliably capture high-quality audio in normal and adverse environmental conditions.
The NTG5 was engineered for transparency and all-weather performance. The combination of the NTG5’s 8″ long body, revolutionary circular acoustic ports, and supercardioid polar pattern yields focused on-axis directionality, smooth off-axis response, and a transparent tone with a tightly controlled low end. Its ultralow self-noise of 10 dBA and highly sensitive condenser element communicate detailed audio unburdened by the hiss that plagues many low-cost microphones.
Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 48 VDC phantom power, the NTG5 is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras. The included short XLR cable—designed for use with the supplied pistol grip—features Neutrik and Switchcraft connectors and an integrated strain-relief junction box.
The NTG5 includes the PG2-R pistol grip shockmount, which impedes the transfer of vibrations to the microphone, and accommodates comfortable handheld operation or placement on a boompole. A mic clip is supplied in case you need to affix the NTG5 to a standard mic stand in a studio.
The NTG5 has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted light wind noise from fans, heaters, and air conditioners. For maximum reduction of wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, swap the windscreen for the included furry windshield.
- For Indie Films, TV & Documentaries
- Moisture-Resistant for Humid Conditions
- Phantom Powered
- Simple Operation with No Controls
- Transparent Tone with Tight Low End
- Ultralow-Noise Circuitry
- Ultrahigh Sensitivity Needs Less Gain
- Slight Presence Boost & Bass Attenuation
- Includes Furry Windshield & Pistol Grip
- Compact, Ultralightweight Housing
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION
20 Hz – 20 kHz
80 Hz – 20 kHz ±3 dB
|Signal to noise Ratio||
10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
|Input SPL @ 1% THD||
130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)
2 mA @ 48V phantom power
-23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
|Dimensions (L x W x H, mm)||
NTG5: 203 x 19
PG2-R:117 x 60 x 240
€65.00 ex vat.
There are no reviews yet.